ZUME Pizza™ was founded by two friends who share a burning passion for changing the way that the world eats. We deliver healthy, artisan pizza to your doorstep in 15 minutes (or less) because we believe everyone deserves to have delicious, wholesome food at a fair price... fast!
Food = love. We have an employee first philosophy and we’re deeply committed to investing in the happiness satisfaction and success of everyone we work with. We are looking for a team who feel the same way!
ZUME Pizza is generously backed by Silicon Valley’s premier investors and we are poised for explosive growth.
We are looking for an Android developer to join our team full time to lead the development of our Android app. You will collaborate with product, design and our other engineers to help revolutionize the way pizza is delivered. The ideal candidate would know how to take ownership over a project, while also maintaining collaboration with others and being a team player. You’ll see the immediate impact of your work and will need to respond quickly in our iterative environment.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and test automatation
- Participate and contribute in Scrum meetings
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK and device fragmentation issues
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- React Native knowledge is a huge bonus
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Minimum 3-5 years of Android app development experience in building and delivering consumer facing mobile apps
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible, unlimited vacation policy
- Great location - walking distance to caltrain and light rail in downtown Mountain View
- The best pizza you’ll ever have!