Who is Zume Pizza?
We are Pizza Nerds obsessed with delivering the best food in the universe. Zume Pizza is the perfect marriage of food and technology. Our passion for pizza has led us to reinvent every single thing about the way we create and deliver our food, from our robot Bruno who puts our pies into the ovens, to our fleet of food trucks and custom-built Fiats.
We have patented Cooking en Route technology that allowed us to create the World’s First Baked-on- the-Way (#BOTW) vehicle, ensuring that our pizzas arrive fresh from the oven. We embrace technology because it allows us to make better pizzas we deliver faster, and to create a better work environment for all of our employees.
We invite all of our fellow passionate pizza lovers to nerd out with us!
You will be responsible for building and leading a world-class delivery team that moves fast in a technology-enabled environment. Your team of “pielots” are our on the front line with our customers and as such, this is one of the most important jobs at Zume.
Your responsibilities include:
- Hiring, training and supervising delivery staff
- Ensuring our pielots provide the best level of customer service
- Implementing and enforcing company policies
- Monitoring fleet equipment.
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Damage reports
- Developing and following our operating procedures
- Writing the weekly Pielot Schedule ensure that it is on budget.
- Overseeing all day-to-day operations of the delivery center, including Kitchen Driver expo and fleet operations
- Monitor fleet gear ( radios, ipads, hot-bags, uniforms, etc) submit purchasing requests to fleet admin.
- Maintain effective communication with the Fleet Delivery Operations Team and Kitchen Operations Team
- Weekly reporting based on current issues and new procedures
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relentless attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Comfortable managing a team of up to 25 people including full time, part time, and seasonal workers
- Flexible schedule; ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary
- Have a valid driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Bachelor's degree preferred or 5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of delivery operations and procedures is preferred but not required
- Full-time Salary Position
- Company-paid comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance